Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gluten Free fraud?

What?! Wow - who would have thought! I can understand this happening as an accident out of ignorance, but not intentionally. I guess someone figured out there's money in lying about whether a product is gluten free. 


It doesn't sound that serious, but really it is VERY serious for people who have celiac disease. For them, ingesting even the smallest amounts of gluten can lead to life-threatening illnesses and cancers. Not to mention the pain, exhaustion, headaches, digestive upsets, etc, that eating gluten causes in the near-term.

1 comment:

  1. What do you think about the website Glutenology that suggests amaranth and quinoa and Millet and sorghum are unsafe? I m also Gluten intolerant or sensitive, but not Celiac. Majority of the time since I have eliminated known gluten sources--I am ok, but have times where I am certain I have ingested some gluten unknowingly. I go back and do more research and often find that I have ingested some.

    ReplyDelete